Monday, April 5, 2010

movie night turns into music night or... Fresh blood for the playlists.

just saw repo men tonight. cool movie. lots of gore. but even better was the soundtrack...

1. Sway (Rosemary Clooney)
2. Release Yo' Delf - Prodigy Remix (Method Man)
3. 54-46 Was My Number (Toots and the Maytals)
4. Every Day Will Be Like A Holiday (William Bell)
5. Feeling Good – Nina Simone
6. Sing It Back – Moloko
7. Nausea – Beck
8. Burn My Shadow – UNKLE
9. Love Lives – Dave Stewart
10. Every Day Will Be Like a Holiday – RZA
11. Dream a Little Dream of Me – The Mamas And The Papas
12. Repo Mambo – Marco Beltrami

So, I went on my torrent sites to download them all. no such luck. Even iTunes (yes, i was prepared to actually pay for music) didn't even have some to purchase separately. Most of the songs you can only get if you purchase the whole album. whatever that's about...

Then I went a little music crazy.


I downloaded 20 new Nina Simone songs. One of which was on the soundtrack that I didn't even know was her and I love it!
Nina Simone's real name is Eunice Kathleen Waymon and she was born in North Carolina. She passed away 7 years ago this month.

Downloaded Moloko, which i just learned that I like lots and lots. (right now at least).

Downloading Rosemary Clooney. LOVE.

Rediscovered my love of Jacque Brel and other romantic french artists. ie. serge gainsbourg. Feels like a quiet late night dinner party with red wine and fancy dresses.

Learned that i love cuban mambo lots. Listening to it makes me feel like I should be sitting on a colorful porch with quiet little men smoking cigars. That's Perez Prado over on the right. Love that he is mustachioed.
"Il Re Del Mambo" or "The King Of Mambo"


back to the movie for a second, Jude Law is foxy.

1 comment: